27 December 2006

My Firsts

oh my. couple more days and its goodbye 2006 and hello to a brand new year. time is a sneaky little thing isnt it? jus slip u by like tt without u even realising it. or has time somehow stopped for me since...... since whenever. but i have to say that this year has not been a fruitful year for me. seems tt ive got nothing much done, like getting my driving license, my braces, exercise and lose a few more kilos, switch jobs, being diligent in my studies, learn sewing, etc. so u could pretty much guess tt i wun be having any resolutions for 2007. but even though the year hasnt been fruitful, it has been most interesting. there were alot of firsts for me, like :

  • turning 23 on 20 jan (i noe its lame but still its a first ok!)
  • mugging for the exams (first time since a loongg while)
  • saving a cat! i hope its still alive and well as i type
  • huge obession over gay blogs, almost half my daily blog reads are pink!
  • something broke.. still trying to have it replaced
  • quitting my "kok kok" addiction. yes, i can now slp without my "kok kok"
  • travelling with the girls to Desaru! it was such fun really
  • seeing fireflies and going ga-ga over it
  • morphing into a groupie and meeting Glenn Ong and Jean Danker!!
  • visiting Hong Kong and cranking up after having eaten the wrong medicine
  • encountering some strange guy who thinks he can chat up anyone who takes the same route to work. unfortunately for him, i haf a lousy temper, esp in the mornings
  • encountering ppl who sits next to me in class and introducing themselves.... gawd, im really losing my icy image!
  • diy-ed some random stuff
  • bringing mum on an incentive trip to Malacca
  • not studying for my asm test and handing up a blank answer script
  • gushing over cheap clothes and shoes found in chong pang market
  • developing insatiable cravings for food - toa payoh's hokkien mee, chong pang's soy bean milk, ayam masak merah, 杨枝甘捞, steamed crabs, 咸蛋虾 and the list goes on and on...
  • revamping my bedroom
  • realising how insignificant i am to my frens
  • initiating to shake hands with a kid besides my niece (alright, pick up ur jaws guys) so so here's a pic of the, ahem, priviledged.

wai kei is my cousin's daughter whom i only see during chinese new year. the photo dun do her justice at all cos she has this pair of huge round eyes tt makes her incredibly adorable! and its sooo cute the way she squirmed when my bro and i simultaneously motioned her to come to us like some weirdos who's up to no good. but most importantly, she's well-behaved. and by my standards, tt would be unimaginably well-behaved for u. she doesnt scream and run around like other brats kids. also, unlike some snobs kids who ignore u when u ask for their names, she replies sweetly and in cantonese too! i think all parents should raise their kids up to be like her, tt would certainly make the world a better place (for me at least). no doubts abt it, wai kei is the kind of child i would like to have in the distant future. =)















oh gawd, did i just say tt?

// overheard on a cold, rainy evening.
bro (to nicole) : 你 cold 吗?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yo babe..the stuff that you have done quite a lot wor... so..dont think small ok? hehe... next year can i be part of your list? we do something interesting and meaningful together? hehe.. like studying and cramming for the coming finale exam together? and doing very well together... the process will be boring , painful but it will be all worthwhile later..sometimes a small thing can be a memorable thing to remincise.. (",) a short trip after our exams to mark our good bye to e damn degree.. haha.. see.. our 2007 is something that we can look forward to... (",)xuefang

Anonymous said...

haa.. i was looking fwd to the new year, until u reminded me abt the exams... thanks gal -_-lll

Anonymous said...

wah lao eh... i so good to u leh... where got such a gd fren sia... hard to find wor... must praise me... quick.. i can take it...seriously...whahaha.. from: mei nu aka fang

Anonymous said...

wah lao eh... i so good to u leh... where got such a gd fren sia... hard to find wor... must praise me... quick.. i can take it...seriously...whahaha.. from: mei nu aka fang